As you may know, His Excellency Ambassador Edward Sawerengera commissioned Mr. Jordan Scofield Price as Malawi’s Honorary Consul in Texas based in Galveston, on Tuesday, December 10th, 2019 in Washington DC.
On Sunday, March 15th, 2020, the Ambassador will travel to Galveston, Texas to officially open the Consular Offices and introduce Mr. Price to the Malawian community in Texas. It is anticipated that the program will start at 3pm and end by 5pm. Therefore, His Excellency the Ambassador is extending an invitation to all Malawians living in Texas to attend this event. Please RSVP by replying to email@example.com or via message on 734 623 3879.
You may want to know that duties and responsibilities of the Honorary Consul include the following:
• To protect the interests of Malawi and its nationals, both individuals and bodies corporate, within the limits prescribed by international law;
• To engage with Malawian communities in Texas and enhance Diaspora engagement as prescribed in the Malawi Diaspora Engagement Policy;
• To encourage annual observation and/or celebration of Independence and other cultural milestones with Malawian nationals in Texas;
• To enhance bilateral relations in trade, investment, tourism, economy, culture and science between Malawi and the United States of America;
• To work with and seek out volunteer groups and other entities who have shown an interest in Malawi and help facilitate donations to Malawi in the areas of health, education and training.
We look forward to seeing you all in Galveston, Texas!
To all those who wish to attend, please kindly note that the deadline to RSVP is February 28,2020.